Each iron is bought with our own money and put through a rigorous testing process. We use it to iron different kinds of materials and see if we can get it to fail in some way. If it doesn’t, we know we have a great product on our hands.
Our tests include:
- Power (how quickly it reaches the desired heat)
- Steam Output (does it deliver what it says on the box)
- Leaking (we do a rigorous leak test)
- Easy of Use (this includes buttons, dials, anti-calc cleaning, etc)
- Overall Quality (is it cheaply made or does it stand out as a superior product)
- and much more
Are we Biased?
When we are given a product by a supplier, we try to remain as neutral about the brand as possible until we’ve been able to test the product on it’s own merits. Of course, over the years, we’ve began to develop a love for certain products and are cautious about others. Brand quality does tend to run through to the products after all.
However, should a smaller or newer brand come into competition with what we already know, we will absolutely welcome them and review the products fairly and equally.
We aim to server our visitors, not the brands. And we do so in the most ethical and fair way possible.